- Management of patients with suspected breast cancer lesions in order to arrive at an accurate diagnosis of benignity or malignancy through the use of instrumental tests (mammography / tomosynthesis, breast ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging) and biopsies performed under the guidance of the rays -X, or ultrasound, or magnetic resonance.
- Study of the extent of the tumor and the involvement of any nearby or distant tissues or organs (“staging”). This information represents the indispensable basis to allow the multidisciplinary team of the Breast Unit (which includes oncologists, surgeons, radiotherapists, radiologists, pathologists, case manager nurses and specialists for genetic counseling) to customize the patient’s therapeutic path in order to optimize the effectiveness and improve the quality of life. The multidisciplinary team meets once a week.
- Follow-up of patients treated for breast cancer with particular attention to patients in neoadjuvant treatment and to patients with metastatic disease, subjected to pharmacological protocols that require radiological examinations scheduled over time in order to verify the response to therapies.
- Breast cancer prevention in specific groups of women, who are not already involved in organized screening programs, scheduling them the tests necessary for surveillance. In particular, there is a direct collaboration with the Hereditary Tumors Unit for the surveillance of women at risk of hereditary family.
- Integration of protocols deriving from clinical radiological studies in the care activity in order to test pathways, organizational models or new technologies for the diagnosis of breast cancer.
UOC Breast Radiology
- Magnetic resonance
TO COLLECT REPORTS AND RESULTS
For standard examinations (mammography, ultrasound) with negative results, the report is delivered in real time by the radiologist, while for magnetic resonance the report is available after 5 working days.
In the case of a biopsy, the report is delivered by the radiologist together with the report of the histological examination by the Pathological Anatomy, with the possibility, in the event of a tumor diagnosis, to continue the therapeutic process within the Institute.
It is also possible, after paying the ticket (if you do not benefit from an exemption), to download the report (and images) from the website https://service.aopd.veneto.it/portalereferti/.
Dott.ssa Enrica BaldanDirigente medico
Dott.ssa Iliana BednarovàDirigente medico
Dott.ssa Elisabetta BezzonDirigente medico
Dott.ssa Giovanna CirielloMedico contrattista
Dott.ssa Chiara Dal BoscoDirigente medico
Dott.ssa Ilaria PolicoDirigente medico
Dott. Domenico RuggieriDirigente medico
Dott.ssa Gisella GennaroDirigente fisico
Dott. Federico MaggettoCoordinatore TSRM
- Quantitative Breast Density in Contrast-Enhanced Mammography – Gennaro G, Hill ML, Bezzon E, Caumo F – J. Clin. Med. 2021, 10, 3309. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10153309
- Repeat Screening Outcomes with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Plus Synthetic Mammography for Breast Cancer Detection: Results from the Prospective Verona Pilot Study – Caumo F, Montemezzi S, Romanucci G, Brunelli S, Bricolo P, Cugola L, Gennaro G – Radiology 2021 Jan;298(1):49-57.
- Accuracy of mammography dosimetry in the era of the European Directive 2013/59/Euratom transposition – Gennaro G, Bigolaro S, Hill ML, Stramare R, Caumo F – Eur J Radiol 2020 Jun;127:108986.
- Can we reduce the workload of mammographic screening by automatic identification of normal exams with artificial intelligence? A feasibility study – Rodriguez–Ruiz A, Lång K, Gubern-Merida A, Teuwen J, Broeders M, Gennaro G, et al. – Eur Radiol 2019; 29:4825-4832.
- Stand-Alone Artificial Intelligence for Breast Cancer Detection in Mammography: Comparison With 101 Radiologists – Rodriguez-Ruiz A, Lång K, Gubern-Merida A, Broeders M, Gennaro G, Clauser P, Helbich TH, Chevalier M, Tan T, Mertelmeier T, Wallis MG, Andersson I, Zackrisson S, Mann RM, Sechopoulos I – J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019 Mar 5; 111(9):916-922.
- A prospective comparative trial of adjunct screening with tomosynthesis or ultrasound in women with mammography-negative dense breasts (ASTOUND-2) – Tagliafico AS, Mariscotti G, Valdora F, Durando M, Nori J, La Forgia D, Rosenberg I, Caumo F, Gandolfo N, Sormani MP, Signori A, Calabrese M, Houssami N – Eur J Cancer. 2018 Nov;104:39-46.
- An exploratory radiomics analysis on digital breast tomosynthesis in women with mammographically negative dense breasts – Tagliafico AS, Valdora F, Mariscotti G, Durando M, Nori J, La Forgia D, Rosenberg I, Caumo F, Gandolfo N, Houssami N, Calabrese M – Breast. 2018 Aug;40:92-96.
- Quality Controls in Digital Mammography protocol of the EFOMP Mammo Working group – Gennaro G, Avramova-Cholakova S, Azzalini A, Luisa Chapel M, Chevalier M, Ciraj O, de Las Heras H, Gershan V, Hemdal B, Keavey E, Lanconelli N, Menhart S, João Fartaria M, Pascoal A, Pedersen K, Rivetti S, Rossetti V, Semturs F, Sharp P, Torresin A – Phys Med. 2018 Apr;48:55-64.
- Comparison of breast cancers detected in the Verona screening program following transition to digital breast tomosynthesis screening with cancers detected at digital mammography screening – Caumo F, Romanucci G, Hunter K, Zorzi M5, Brunelli S2, Macaskill P, Houssami N – Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018 Jul;170(2):391-397.
- The “perfect” reader study – Gennaro G – Eur J Radiol. 2018 Jun;103:139-146.
- Interval breast cancers in the ‘screening with tomosynthesis or standard mammography’ (STORM) population-based trial – Houssami N, Bernardi D, Caumo F, Brunelli S, Fantò C, Valentini M, Romanucci G, Gentilini MA, Zorzi M, Macaskill P – Breast. 2018 Apr;38:150-153.
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis with Synthesized Two-Dimensional Images versus Full-Field Digital Mammography for Population Screening: Outcomes from the Verona Screening Program – Caumo F, Zorzi M, Brunelli S, Romanucci G, Rella R, Cugola L, Bricolo P, Fedato C, Montemezzi S, Houssami N – Radiology. 2018 Apr;287(1):37-46.
- Radiation dose with digital breast tomosynthesis compared to digital mammography: per-view analysis – Gennaro G, Bernardi D, Houssami N – Eur Radiol. 2018 Feb;28(2):573-581.
- Digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT): recommendations from the Italian College of Breast Radiologists (ICBR) by the Italian Society of Medical Radiology (SIRM) and the Italian Group for Mammography Screening (GISMa) – Bernardi D, Belli P, Benelli E, Brancato B, Bucchi L, Calabrese M, Carbonaro LA, Caumo F, Cavallo-Marincola B, Clauser P, Fedato C, Frigerio A, Galli V, Giordano L, Giorgi Rossi P, Golinelli P, Morrone D, Mariscotti G, Martincich L, Montemezzi S, Naldoni C, Paduos A, Panizza P, Pediconi F, Querci F, Rizzo A, Saguatti G, Tagliafico A, Trimboli RM, Zappa M, Zuiani C, Sardanelli F – Radiol Med. 2017 Oct;122(10):723-730.
- A multiparametric automatic method to monitor long-term reproducibility in digital mammography: results from a regional screening programme – Gennaro G, Ballaminut A, Contento G – Eur Radiol. 2017 Sep;27(9):3776-3787.