Duties of the Scientific Directorate
- Integration and management of regional, national and international research networks and relationships with public and private bodies, including commercial bodies, for commissioned research and development of patents.
- Definition of the three-year Current Research lines.
- Data collection on scientific production, as a result of the research carried out by the Institute.
- Management of scientific documentation, including scientific libraries, access to databases and promotion of publications in specialized journals.
- Promotion of clinical and experimental studies.
- Support to the Health Directorate in the development of diagnostic therapeutic assistance pathways for specific diseases whose management involves the application of research processes.
- Promotion of relationships with partners interested in funding applied clinical research projects.
- Procurement of research grants from public or private third parties, e.g. capital grants, including donations or similar.