The mission of the unit is:
- To take charge of the cancer patient’s care, paying attention to all his/her needs in order to obtain the best treatment response and quality of life;
- to favor clinical and translational research that will lead to the most innovative anti-cancer, support and palliative therapies;
- to guarantee the multidisciplinary coordination of clinical interventions to optimize patient care;
- to guarantee simultaneous care and facilitate the continuity of care between hospital and local services, especially in patients with metastatic disease and/or elderly patients;
- To provide theoretical and practical training in the areas of cancer treatment, support and palliative care to undergraduates and doctors specializing in medical oncology.